Chiné big red flowers | beeswax food wraps
Handy for a lunchbox snack or covering a small bowl
Big red flowers cover this printed cotton. The jagged edges imitate an 18th century fabric called chiné, a form of ikat which was inspired by Asian textiles. I have more of this fabric so please contact me if I do not have the size you are looking for.
UK SHIPPING INCLUDED
How to use
Handmade with pure beeswax, pine resin (colophony), and jojoba oil, these wraps are excellent alternatives to single-use plastic. Use to store fresh bread, wrap sandwiches, or cover bowls in the fridge.
- Wash with cold water only
- Avoid direct contact with wet, warm, or juicy food
- The warmth of your hands will help adhere the wrap to itself
- Use instead of cling film to wrap food or cover bowls in the fridge
- To refresh the wax, iron between 2 sheets of grease proof paper on a low setting
About my fabrics
My wraps are handmade by me. The cotton is sourced from my extensive fabric stash, left over from projects, or upcycled. I do not buy new fabric for my wraps, adding to their eco-friendly credentials. I aim to show the colours as accurately as possible. If you require colour matching, email me for a sample of the fabric.